Friday, March 18, 2005

Two sides of the "victim coin"

But, many argue, I'm not free at all! I'm trapped by such and such circumstance/job/relationship/health condition. And I sure as heck didn't choose these miserable conditions, so don't go "blaming the victim" here, and try and tell me I'm responsible, when I'm not! I haven't done anything to deserve this! I'm innocent! Or maybe someone takes the seemingly opposite approach: Oh, it's all my fault. I've created this mess and now I have to live with it. I deserve everything that happens to me, I really am such a loser. I'm SO sorry. I'll try not to complain. Blah Blah Blah. These are two examples from either side of the same coin. The coin is the victim consciousness. The first is claiming innocence, and the second professing guilt, and neither version of the same form of consciousness has a shred of potential for achieving self mastery, or for accomplishing much genuine service from the heart. Why is that? Well, lets construct the model of the victim consciousness, an extremely low form of consciousness which is akin to a deep but very restless sleep. In doing so we'll see how the potential for self mastery and service from the heart are wholly undercut by the victim consciousness. --Speaking of restless sleep, I slept poorly last night and have just realized I have run out of steam, so I will continue this in the next post, or add to this one tommorrow! Nighty night! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home